This site is associated with www.keralapschelper.com. More Knowledge More Mark. THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT, VISIT AGAIN

How to form a question - Summary


Releted Posts With this Label

Yes/No questions

Subject and verb change their position in statement and question.

statementYou are from Germany.
questionAre you from Germany?

We always use the short answer, not only "Yes" or "No". This sounds rude.

NOTE:
If the answer is "Yes", we always use the long form. 
Example: Yes, I am.

If the answer is "No", we either use the long or the contrated form (short form).
Example: No, I am not - No, I'm not.

youfrom Germany?Yes,Iam.
No,Iam not.
'm not.
heyour friend?Yes,heis.
Peter and Johnfrom England?Yes,theyare.


2) Questions with question words

Question wordVerbRestAnswer
Whereyou from?I'm from Stuttgart.
Whatyour name?My name is Peter.
HowPat and Sue?They're fine.


3) Yes/No Questions and short answers with the verb have

AuxiliarySubjectVerbRestYes/NoSubjectAuxiliary 
(+ n't)
yougota cat?Yes,I
yougota new car?No,we
your brothergota bike?Yes,he


4) Questions with question words and the verb have

Question wordAuxiliarySubjectVerbRestAnswer
Whereyougotyour ruler?I've got it in my pencil case.
Whereyouhaveyour ruler?

have it in my pencil case.



5) Questions without question words in the Simple Present

AuxiliarySubjectVerbRestYes/NoSubjectAuxiliary (+ n't)
youreadbooks?Yes,I
No,I
Peterplayfootball?Yes,he


6) Questions with question words in the Simple Present

Question wordAuxiliarySubjectVerbRestAnswer
Whatyouplayon your computer?play games on my computer.
Whenyour mothergoto work?She goes to work at 6 o'clock.
Whereyoumeetyour friends?meet them at the bus stop.


7) Questions without question words in the Simple Past

AuxiliarySubjectVerbRestYes/NoSubjectAuxiliary (+ n't)
Maxplayfootball?Yes,he
No,he
youwatchthe film yesterday?Yes,I
No,I
to beSubjectxxxRestYes/NoSubjectAuxiliary (+ n't)
you in Leipzig last week?Yes,I
No,I


8) Questions with question words in the Simple Past

Question wordAuxiliarySubjectVerbRestAnswer
Whatyoudoyesterday evening?did my homework.
Whenshemeether boyfriend?She met him yesterday.
Wheretheygoafter the match?They went to a café.
Question wordto beSubjectxxxxxRestAnswer
Whereyou yesterday?was at the cinema.


9) Subject question

Question wordVerbRestSubjectVerbObject - Place - Time
runsto the shop?runsto the shop.


10) Object question

Question wordAuxiliarySubjectVerbRestAnswer
doyoulike? I like my mum.
didMandyphonelast Monday?Mandy phoned her uncle.
Subject questionObject question
phonedJohn?didJohnphone?
Get Free Updates:
*Please click on the confirmation link sent in your Spam folder of Email*
Previous
Next Post »
 
Thanks for Your Visit, Visit Again. DISCLAIMER :- If any of the information available on this blog violates or infringes any of your copyright protection, leave a comment . This blog makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, or delays in this information. The information contained in this blog is subject to change without notice. All the content avilable on this blog is informational purpose only.Reproduction and republishing of contents from here to any other websites or blogs is strictly prohibited.
Template By Kunci Dunia