Spelling Lesson 6
*also spelled favorably
- Find and write the New Word that follows the rule for doubling the final consonant before adding ed. Write the root word.
- Write the New Word ending in the suffix able. Write the root word.
- Find genuine and severe in the dictionary. Write the words in syllables.
- Write honestly, beautiful, appearance, and skilled. What is the suffix in each word? Write the four root words.
- Find glorious, happiness, description, certificate, prospect, and favourably in the dictionary. Write each word in syllables. Write the whole word.
- Write immigrant. What does the word mean? Use immigrant in a sentence.
- Write the New Words that mean (1) a person who is a writer; (2) to bring into being or to make; and (3) the state of being in need.
- Write envy. Then change the y to i and add ed.
- Write two different meanings for the word firm.