This site is associated with www.keralapschelper.com. More Knowledge More Mark. THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT, VISIT AGAIN

Basic knowledge in english part-25


Releted Posts With this Label

Past Simple or Present Perfect

Sometimes the past simple and the present perfect are confused. It is important to remember that the past simple is used to express a finished past action which occurs at a specific moment in the past. The present perfect is used to express something that happened at an unspecified moment in the past. For example, if I visited Paris in 2004, I could express this in two ways:

Past Simple

I visited Paris in 2004.
I went to Paris a few years ago.

Note that the moment in time is specific - in 2004, a few years ago.

Present Perfect

I've been to Paris.
I've visited Paris.

In this case, the moment of my visit is not specific. I am speaking about an experience that I have had in my life up to this moment in time.

This is the key to understanding the difference between the past simple and the present perfect. The past simple expresses something which happened at a specific time in the past. The present perfect expresses something that I have experienced in my life without giving the exact time.

Get Free Updates:
*Please click on the confirmation link sent in your Spam folder of Email*
Previous
Next Post »
 
Thanks for Your Visit, Visit Again. DISCLAIMER :- If any of the information available on this blog violates or infringes any of your copyright protection, leave a comment . This blog makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, or delays in this information. The information contained in this blog is subject to change without notice. All the content avilable on this blog is informational purpose only.Reproduction and republishing of contents from here to any other websites or blogs is strictly prohibited.
Template By Kunci Dunia