ASSISTANT GRADE II
KERALA STATE HOUSING BOARD
Date of Test: 28/07/2012
1. ‘Being tired, he fell asleep’. This sentence, when changed into the compound form. becomes
(a) As he was tired, he fell asleep
(b) He was tired and fell asleep
(c) Tiredness made hini fall asleep
(d) When he was tired, he fell asleep
2. ________ of the three boys should meet me
3. My uncle has worked in Chennai ..... twenty years
4, The manager wanted to know .... done the job
(a) how had I
(b) how I had
(c) how would I have
(d) how l have
5, Everyone had warned me about the weather before I went to Delhi.
This sentenee,when changed into the passive voice form,becomes:
(a) Everyone had been warned about the weather before I went to Delhi
(b) I was warned about the weather before I went to Delhi.
(c) I had been warned about the weather before I went to Delhi
(d) I had been warned about the weather before I had gone to Delhi
6. Identify the correct sentence
(a) It hasapointedlongstemwith tiny pink flowers
(b) It has a long pointed stem with tiny pink flowers
(c) It has a pointed long stem with pink tiny flowers
(d) It has a long pointed stem with pink tiny flowers
7. They won’t .....
(a) allow to smoke
(b) allow to smoking
(c) allow to smoking
(d) allow smoking
8. Sreekutty is ...... of the two girls in our class
(a) the smarter
(b) the smartest
(c)tl1e more smarter
(d) the most smartest
9. Everyone was present yesterday .........
(a) was it?
(b) wasnlt it?
(c) were they?
(d) werent they?
10. Carry an umbrella lest it .... rain
11. Chicken pox is a...... disease
12. One who lives for pleasure is called a .....
13. The ‘opposite’ of the word ‘oriental’ is ............
14. Identity the word which comes closest in meaning to ‘tacit’
15. Which of the following words is correctly spelt?
16. The expression ‘vox populi, vox doe’ means:
(a) The more. the merrier
(h) The voice ofthe people is the voice of God.
(c) Population explosion is a serious th rest io humanity
(d) Man Proposes, but God disposes
17. ‘He left India for good' may be translated into Malayalam as:
18.Identify the correct match:
(a) Gander - Guose
(b) Fox - Colt
(c) Duke - Lady
(d) Dog - filly
19.The plural form of ‘Son-in-Law' is ....
(d) None of the above
20, A ..... of wolves:
Subscribe to PSCHELPER ENGLISH by Email