This site is associated with www.keralapschelper.com. More Knowledge More Mark. THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT, VISIT AGAIN

Easy English.......5


Releted Posts With this Label

Call on : visit a person
Call off : decided to stop something
Call in : request the return of; send for
Call for : demand, require
Call up : telephone to
Exercise - 1


Put in the correct Phrasal Verbs

  1. He has a plan to construct a house but his plan _________ a lot of money.
  2. He promised me that he will _______ me _________ the next day.
  3. Last week I _________ my friend who was indisposed.
  4. The labourers decided to strike work but later it was ________.
  5. As my father was seriously ill, I ______ a doctor.
  6. My friend was in great monetary difficulties, he had to _____ the loans he had made.
Exercise - 2

Insert suitable prepositions in the following
  1. I am interested _______ indoor games.
  2. I am not good _______ cricket.
  3. My friend said to me that he was _____ debt.
  4. My neighbor asked me _______ a loan.
  5. I am very fond _____ cycling.
Exercise - 3

Change the following into passive voice
  1. When I was travelling by train, somebody had stolen my suitcase.
  2. People speak Malayalam all over Kerala.
  3. They sell orange here.
  4. She is singing a song.
  5. I will write a letter.
Exercise - 4 

Write the feminine gender of the following
  1. hero
  2. host
  3. tiger
  4. bridegroom
  5. bachelor
Exercise - 5

Write 10 words which are always plural in form and take a plural verb

Exercise - 6

Correct the mistake
  1. Never I have seen such a beautiful scenery.
  2. I want information about the accident.
  3. He is elder than I am.
  4. He walks more quickly than I.
  5. When I met him in personal he badly behaved.
ANSWERS
Exercise - 1
  1. Calls for
  2. Call.......up
  3. called on
  4. called off
  5. called in
  6. called in
Exercise - 2
  1. in
  2. at
  3. in
  4. for
  5. of
Exercise - 3
  1. My suitcase had been stolen.
  2. Malayalam is spoken all over Kerala.
  3. Oranges are sold here.[Agents (by So and So), are not necessary in this three sentences]
  4. A song is being sung by her.
  5. A letter will be written by me.
Exercise - 4
  1. Heroine
  2. Hostess
  3. tigress
  4. bride
  5. spinster
Exercise - 5
  1. Pyjamas
  2. Scissors
  3. Spectacles
  4. Arms
  5. Pants
  6. Trousers
  7. Binoculars
  8. Earnings
  9. Savings
  10. Stairs
Exercise - 6
  1. Never have I seen .........[The sentence is begun with a negative word, 'never' and so the verb should come before subject]
  2. I want some information.......['information' is uncountable noun. Uncountable nouns are always singular. To make plural we say 'items or bits of information' but not informations]
  3. He is older than I am. [ 'elder' is not used with 'than']
  4. He walks move quickly than I do behaved badly.
  5. When I met him in person he behaved badly.[Adverb of manner comes after an active verb or after the object]

We will meet next time Thank you.... Visit AgainSubscribe to PSCHELPER ENGLISH by Email
Get Free Updates:
*Please click on the confirmation link sent in your Spam folder of Email*
Previous
Next Post »
 
Thanks for Your Visit, Visit Again. DISCLAIMER :- If any of the information available on this blog violates or infringes any of your copyright protection, leave a comment . This blog makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, or delays in this information. The information contained in this blog is subject to change without notice. All the content avilable on this blog is informational purpose only.Reproduction and republishing of contents from here to any other websites or blogs is strictly prohibited.
Template By Kunci Dunia